A recent Entrepreneur article argues many professionals aren't using their time wisely, a problem that can be remedied with a good dose of common sense.
To help professionals find more time in their day the following five tips are offered:
- More deadlines – break projects into smaller pieces by creating deadlines that are prioritised in terms of their importance
- Focus of revenue – delegate all tasks that don't generate revenue to ensure time isn't wasted on lower-value tasks
- Reduce email checking – only check email every 90 minutes and respond to easy email queries immediately to avoid rereading them
- Cut corners with technology – take the time to learn the time-saving but often underused shortcuts offered by software programs
- Focus on training – when staff are adequately trained or have access to organisational resources they will interrupt you less